UHC Day 2021: Country Perspectives on Reaching UHC
In 2021, CSEM in partnership with APCASO, Global Health Council, International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, Living Goods, NCD Alliance, People’s Health Movement, Save the Children, UNAIDS, and country partners conducted nearly 20 focus groups with civil society about the state of universal health coverage (UHC).
The results contributed to the multi-stakeholder State of Commitment to UHC review and can be found in this global summary.
This civil society-led event marking UHC Day 2021 shared recommendations from these civil society consultations on UHC and key insights from the State of the UHC Commitment review.
See the recording below.
Country Perspectives on Reaching Universal Health Coverage
15 December 2021
- Akihito Watabe, UHC2030 Core Team
- Chie Matsumoto, Journalist
- Eliana Monteforte, Global Health Council
- Justin Koonin, UHC2030 Co-Chair / ACON
- Liana Ghukasyan, International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
- Mercy Onsando, Health NGOs Network (HENNET)
- Sok Chamreun Choub, Khmer HIV/AIDS NGO Alliance (KHANA)
- Walid Kamal Ibrahim, UNAIDS
The event was hosted by CSEM, UHC2030, Africa Japan Forum, APCASO, Global Health Council, IFRC, NCD Alliance, UNAIDS.